WHAT YOU’LL DO
In 2023, Converge launched Get Personal – a platform for free telehealth direct-to-patient clinical care — with longer term goals to offer an in-person clinic for Mississippians. At this moment of exciting growth, the Director of Clinical Services will champion the full implementation and ongoing management of these new service offerings. Reporting to the Vice President of Programs, this position calls for an experienced leader in health clinic management who is energized to build something from the ground up.
Specifically, the Director of Clinical Services will:
Lead the development, delivery, and evolution of Get Personal’s suite of services.
- In collaboration with the VP of Programs, Co-Executive Directors, and program team, determine the scope of services to be offered through Get Personal’s telehealth and in-person services. Identify and address gaps in available services in Mississippi and innovate solutions for how Converge can address those gaps.
- Develop a business plan for the first 3-years of clinical operations, inclusive of setting timelines, key milestones, and requirements for operations, including the continued build-out of telehealth services and the ground floor start-up of in-person clinic in Mississippi.
- Ensure adequate coverage and procedures for electronic medical records, malpractice insurance, pharmacy partners, health department licensing, and coding/billing for insurance and Medicaid.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Measurement, Learning and Evaluation to capture, assess, and report-out on the quality and effectiveness of care. Utilize data dashboards to continuously monitor quality, patient experience, and efficiency data. Develop and implement improvement plans based on these data.
- Work in partnership with the VP of External Affairs to market Get Personal through social media, paid and earned media, community and external relations. Support advocacy efforts for the need for high-quality telehealth and in-person family planning care in Mississippi and beyond.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Finance and Operations to develop realistic budgets and monitor and improve financial and operational performance of all Get Personal services.
Provide start-up and ongoing leadership for Converge’s telehealth and in-person health clinic
- Provide operational leadership and ongoing management for the full implementation of Get Personal’s services, ensuring adequate systems, staffing, and operating procedures are in place to grow to scale.
- Ensure compliance with Title X mandates and standards, inclusive of all state and federal rules and regulations related to providing direct clinical care with federal funds. Create systems to monitor key areas of customer service, quality assurance and regulatory compliance programs such as HIPAA, OSHA, and CLIA.
- Hire, supervise, and retain a high-performing team of clinic operations staff and clinicians Provide leadership, coaching, and training, and foster a people-centered culture where staff can do their best work.
- Oversee the various elements of the clinic’s operations that enable the team to reach clinical, regulatory, operational, and productivity and efficiency goals. Ensure that the clinic has all it needs to provide uninterrupted service e.g., adequate facilities and inventory.
- Oversee all licensing, credentialing, and regulatory approvals to manage and mitigate risk. Audit functions throughout the clinic to ensure regulatory compliance. Work collaboratively with clinic staff to ensure compliance with all medical protocols and administrative procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a healthcare advocate who is motivated by Converge’s mission and values. You are inspired to work towards a healthcare system where all people have access to quality, affordable, person-centered family planning care. You thrive in a rapidly growing organization that values humility, collaboration, high-performance — and above all — putting people first.
- You are a seasoned clinical care professional with experience in all aspects of clinic operations. You bring at least 10 years of work experience, with at least 3 in a management role, with skills/knowledge in management of facilities, staff, budgets, inventory, billing, and compliance with rules and regulations. Knowledge of Title X and/or women’s health and family planning clinical care is required.
- You are a resourceful leader who is excited to build something from the ground up. You are energized to take your knowledge and experience with health clinic operations and create something new. You are experienced in developing effective administrative systems, policies, and procedures that drive programmatic excellence and measurable impact.
- You are a skilled project manager with a knack for anticipating and solving problems. You have strong organizational, time management, and planning skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under deadlines. You enjoy seeing projects through from concept to implementation. You take initiative and are proactive about coming up with solutions to problems.
- You are a collaborative people manager who leverages others’ strengths and promotes teamwork. You have experience in recruiting and hiring talent, building strong teams, and coaching direct reports for high performance and accountability. You strive to create inclusive environment where all people feel a sense of ownership and belonging.
- You are an adaptable, agile, and resourceful team player. You thrive in a lean nonprofit setting with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of growth and change. You are a self-starter with a “get it done” attitude and willingness to jump in without being asked.
- You are a thoughtful relationship builder who inspires trust. You are emotionally astute with a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that results in strong interpersonal connections. You communicate with directness and clarity, and foster information sharing across groups. You operate with the utmost integrity and sound judgment.
LOCATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position that can be performed remotely anywhere in the Southeast or from Converge’s office located in Ridgeland, Mississippi. The starting salary for this position is $100,000. Benefits include:
- Health insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental
- Vision insurance through Eye Med
- Life insurance
- Insurance premiums for employees and dependents covered 100% by Converge
- Vanguard SIMPLE IRA plan with a 3% match from Converge
- Paid vacation (15 days) and sick (10 days) leave per Employee Manual, with additional days based on length of time at Converge
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work schedule and remote or hybrid work environment
If this opportunity calls out to you, please apply here with 1) your resume and 2) a targeted cover letter that explains your interest in Converge and the VP of Programs position. Please address your cover letter to Danielle Lampton, Co-Executive Director. We review applications on a rolling basis and strive to get back to applicants within two weeks.
Converge is an equal opportunity employer. Converge prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants, and other covered individuals with regard to hiring, assignment, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment because of race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, national origin or ancestry, political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity), disability, genetic information, veteran status or service in the uniformed forces, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Converge has retained DH Search to lead the search for a Director of Clinical Services. DH Search partners with mission-driven organizations to hire the people they need to create a more just and equitable world. Learn more at www.dhsearch.net.
About Converge: Partners In Access
Founded in 2018, Converge: Partners in Access is dedicated to ensuring all people can access high quality reproductive and sexual health care when they need it, how they need it and where they live. As the Mississippi grantee of Title X – the only federal Family Planning Program – we collaborate with the state's public health agency, health care providers, insurance companies, and community partners to build a health care system that places people at the center of sexual and reproductive health care. We also deliver training and technical assistance to providers and conduct policy, advocacy, and research activities that promote increased access to quality care. While our work is in the deep South, the principles, vision, and work of Converge are universal and transferable well beyond our region.