WHAT YOU’LL DO
At a time of exciting growth, the Vice President (VP) of Programs will provide leadership for all program areas, sit on the senior management team, supervise four Director-level staff, and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organization. Specifically, the VP will:
- Provide strategic and operational direction for all Converge programs – inclusive of Title X oversight and GetPersonal, Converge’s direct-to-patient clinical care arm — with responsibility for the smooth delivery of multiple programmatic elements.
- Ensure full compliance with federal expectations for Title X programs, working closely with Director of Finance & Operations to build and implement clear policies and procedures that align with compliance standards.
- Manage Converge’s $8.2M program and resource allocation, ensuring sound stewardship of the Title X grant and clarifying roles and responsibilities in budget management.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and retain a team of four Directors, providing ongoing coaching, sharing timely feedback, and creating the conditions for staff to do their best work.
- Keep a birds-eye-view on all program and project activities; identify and implement opportunities for program efficiency and effectiveness, surfacing and resolving problems quickly.
- Guide the work of the Director of Clinical Services in implementing and growing Get Personal, Converge’s telehealth direct-to-patient clinical care service. Provide strategic leadership for Get Personal’s plans to expand into an in-person clinic in MS.
- Work in partnership with VP of External Affairs to promote Converge on a community and regional level, recruit more clinic sites, and disseminate knowledge to relevant audiences.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Measurement, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) to ensure that key project outcomes are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
- Serve as chief “air traffic controller” of information flowing across program, external affairs, MLE, and senior leadership. Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the program.
- Be available for regional and monthly travel approximately 25% per month.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a healthcare champion who is motivated by Converge’s mission and values. You are inspired to work towards a healthcare system where all people have access to quality, affordable, person-centered family planning care. You thrive in a rapidly growing organization that values humility, collaboration, high-performance — and above all — putting people first.
- You are a senior nonprofit leader with experience overseeing health-related programs. You bring at least 15 years of work experience, with at least 5 in a management role, with skills in program strategy, operations, budgeting, compliance, and measurement. Knowledge of Title X and women’s health and family planning healthcare is strongly desired.
- You are a “big picture” thinker with the ability to implement tactically. You take a hands-on approach to operationalizing strategies that reflect an organization’s overarching goals. You have a track record in setting priorities and creating structures, processes, procedures, and KPIs that foster programmatic excellence and measurable impact.
- You are a collaborative people manager who leverages others’ strengths and promotes teamwork. You have experience in recruiting and hiring talent, building strong teams, and coaching direct reports for high performance and accountability. You bring experience supervising director-level staff and supporting them to hone their management skills.
- You are an effective communicator and relationship builder who conveys information clearly and inspires trust. You are emotionally astute with a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that results in strong interpersonal connections. You communicate with directness and clarity, and foster information sharing across groups. You operate with the utmost integrity and sound judgment.
- You are a well-organized doer and expert project manager. You have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under deadlines. You are proficient in project management methodology and tools and use them to keep multiple workstreams on track. Experience with Microsoft Suite, Sharepoint, Slack, and project management tools is desired.
- You are an adaptable, agile, and resourceful team player. You thrive in a lean nonprofit setting with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of growth and change. You have a self-starter with a “get it done” attitude and willingness to jump in and solve problems proactively.
LOCATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position that can be performed remotely anywhere in the Southeast or from Converge’s office located in Ridgeland, Mississippi. The starting salary for this position is $119,000. Benefits include:
- Health insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental
- Vision insurance through Eye Med
- Life insurance
- Insurance premiums for employees and dependents covered 100% by Converge
- Vanguard SIMPLE IRA plan with a 3% match from Converge
- Paid vacation (15 days) and sick (10 days) leave per Employee Manual, with additional days based on length of time at Converge
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work schedule and remote or hybrid work environment
If this opportunity calls out to you, please apply here with 1) your resume and 2) a targeted cover letter that explains your interest in Converge and the VP of Programs position. Please address your cover letter to Danielle Lampton, Co-Executive Director. We review applications on a rolling basis and strive to get back to applicants within two weeks.
Converge is an equal opportunity employer. Converge prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants, and other covered individuals with regard to hiring, assignment, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment because of race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, national origin or ancestry, political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity), disability, genetic information, veteran status or service in the uniformed forces, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Converge has retained DH Search to lead the search for a Vice President of Program. DH Search partners with mission-driven organizations to hire the people they need to create a more just and equitable world. Learn more at www.dhsearch.net.
About Converge: Partners In Access
Founded in 2018, Converge: Partners in Access is dedicated to ensuring all people can access high quality reproductive and sexual health care when they need it, how they need it and where they live. As the Mississippi grantee of Title X – the only federal Family Planning Program – we collaborate with the state's public health agency, health care providers, insurance companies, and community partners to build a health care system that places people at the center of sexual and reproductive health care. We also deliver training and technical assistance to providers and conduct policy, advocacy, and research activities that promote increased access to quality care. While our work is in the deep South, the principles, vision, and work of Converge are universal and transferable well beyond our region.