The Manager will execute NQF projects related to healthcare quality measurement and improvement. Projects may relate to healthcare measurement topics, such as healthcare data standards (e.g., HL7 FHIR), healthcare data interoperability, and quality measure development and testing. Projects may also relate to quality improvement initiatives, such as supporting the role of expert committees in eliciting best and promising practices, as well as assisting with the writing of implementation guides and other resources to improve quality and increase patient safety in direct care settings. The Manager is specifically responsible for independently guiding and executing day-to-day aspects of projects, including research, environmental scans, and project deliverables. The Manager may take on a more external role in project work and may participate in business development calls and proposal development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide the day-to-day activities of projects, including working with project leadership to execute the work.
- Review the work of and provide guidance and coaching to junior staff supporting the projects.
- Conduct and manage the research for NQF projects that include the following tasks:
- Develop synopses or summaries of research findings specifically relevant to the project scope.
- Perform environmental scans for existing measures, current use of measures in programs, best practices, or clinical care guidelines.
- Contribute insights for continuous quality improvement.
- Direct and/or produce meeting materials, memos, and draft and final reports, including synthesizing complex information from stakeholders and communicating it via clearly written materials.
- Work with the project lead to help facilitate portions of stakeholder meetings, webinars, and conference calls.
- Work with project management staff to ensure that the work completed by project team (i.e., Analysts, Senior Managers, Senior Directors/Directors, subcontractors) is completed on time.
- Work with project management staff and project leadership to manage and monitor assigned budgets and project databases (i.e., SmartSheet, SharePoint).
- Work with project management staff to track and report project milestones and develop monthly status reports.
- Work closely with project teams and interface directly with external partners.
Support and coach junior staff on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; health professional degree (e.g., RN, NP, PA) a bonus; or
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MSHA, MHA, MS) with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, public health, health IT, or health policy, performance measurement and/or quality improvement; strong knowledge of quality measurement is a plus.
- Experience writing formal healthcare documents, such as peer-reviewed journal articles, grey literature, policy statements, implementation guidance, or issue briefs.
- Experience with meeting facilitation; working with/convening multi-stakeholder groups of healthcare professionals is preferred.
- Experience improving quality in clinical settings as well as addressing health equity/disparities is preferred.
- Experience working in a nonprofit membership or consensus-based organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in project management is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated skills in research (e.g., identifying key questions to be answered by research and distilling key themes and messages from findings).
- Ability to assist, support, collaborate, and guide other team members to complete project deliverables by promoting teamwork.
- Proficiency at drafting large portions of project deliverables with limited guidance.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements at the project/team level.
- Proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects on time with competing and changing priorities, adjusting approach as needed.
- Proficiency with presentation and communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and leading portions of external calls or meetings; strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and sound judgment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite.
About National Quality Forum
The National Quality Forum (NQF) is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan, membership-based organization that works to catalyze improvements in healthcare. NQF measures and standards serve as a critically important foundation for initiatives to enhance healthcare value, make patient care safer, and achieve better outcomes.