Waikiki Health has been providing healthcare services to our community for over 50 years. Thanks to our members and passionate and dedicated professionals, we have grown from our single Waikiki Drug Clinic, helping minimize the drug use among our community’s youth, to a multi-service, multi-site non-profit agency. Our mission is to provide quality medical and social services that are accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of ability to pay. We strive to provide compassionate healing and expert care that result in improved health and quality of life for all in our island community. We work hard each day to better ourselves in order to care for our Hawaii Ohana. If you are looking for a career path that will make an everlasting difference in your community, Waikiki Health is right for you.
Waikiki Health is recruiting for a full time Call Center Associate. The Call Center Associate (CCA) is part of the administrative call center team and answers all in-coming agency phone calls from patients, insurance providers, referral agencies, medical providers and staff (internal and external), pharmacists (internal and external) and any other inquiry calls directed to the agency including questions directed and transferred to human resources, marketing, development, compliance, billing and finance. The CCA reports to the Call Center Manager and is responsible for providing excellent and accurate customer service in a friendly and professional manner. The CCA helps to maintain efficient workflows as assigned by CC Manager including checking voice mail messages, returning customer calls and confirming primary care provider (PCP) designations
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now:
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Provides superior customer service to all patients and agency customers and vendors via a multi-queue digital telephone system.
– Uses the agency ATHENA System and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system to access patient data, schedule appointments, confirm appointments, re-schedule no-show appointments, perform and document patient COVID-19 screenings, requests for pharmacy refills, patient portal support, patient insurance verification via outside secured database, internal messaging to providers and/or other medical support team, processing online payments, confirm patient balances due, schedule transportation services, coordinate translation services, plus whatever else is required or needed to assist the customer/patient.
– Verifies patient demographics including but not limited to patient address, phone, email, mailing address, DOB, insurance, patient occupation, income verification for sliding fee, plus authorization for texting and/or emailing patient, among other tasks required.
– Maintains clean, presentable, safe, sanitized and clutter-free working area, including cleanliness of common shared areas in the office kitchen and the company refrigerator.
– Maintains and always upholds patient confidentiality.
– Other duties as assigned include working half-day on Saturday at minimum once a month, at maximum twice per month, within the 40-hour work week schedule.
– High school graduate or equivalent mandatory.
– Some secondary education preferred but not required
– One year working in a medical, billing, coding, health-related or call center environment with knowledge of some medical and/or insurance terminology preferred.
– Familiarity with common software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (i.e. Windows-based programs).
– Experience working with commercial phone equipment including knowledge of how to put a customer on hold, forwarding and transferring calls and voice mail retrievals.
– Ability to quickly learn new medical and phone computer systems (Athena & Digium).
– Ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers, vendors and staff members alike.
– Ability to calmly handle stressful in-coming calls politely, professionally and efficiently handling customer requests without raising the volume and/or tone of one’s voice.
*Waikiki Health requires proof of the following immunization; with or without reasonable accommodation: TB skin test or chest x-ray, MMR, Hep B (optional), Covid-19.
Waikiki Health provides a comprehensive set of benefits to our employees, including 100% premium paid employee health care, voluntary life insurance, generous employer matching, paid holidays, paid time-off, and more. We are currently looking for compassionate and team-oriented individuals to join our organization. If you are interested in improving health and quality of life for all in our island community, please visit our website for more information: waikikihealth.org