Founded in 1967, Waikiki Health is a nonprofit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that offers a Patient-Centered Medical Home targeting our community’s most vulnerable populations. Our clinical and program sites provide holistic care in welcoming, supportive, and nonjudgmental environments. Waikiki Health’s mission is to provide quality medical and social services that are accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
· We are committed to providing the highest quality care and services to our island community.
· We believe that respect is the foundation of our interpersonal relationships.
· We maintain empathy and kindness, treating everyone as ohana.
· We are creative and flexible in meeting community needs.
· We will help empower others to reach their highest potential.
· We are accountable to the community we serve and to each other.
Waikiki Health is recruiting a part-time HIV Medical Case Manager.
The pay rate for this role is $22.50 per hour.
Schedule: 20-25 hour work week
· Health insurance (Employee only) 100% premium paid once eligible.
· 13 Paid holidays
· Parking included
· 403(b) Retirement Plan Participation effective within 4 weeks of employment
· Matching is offered once eligible with a 3-year vesting period
· HOLO Bus Pass benefits
· BIKI bike rental benefits
· Company Shirt
The HIV Medical Case Manager will work with members of the interdisciplinary team to provide quality care to patients living with HIV/AIDS and affected others to achieve optimal clinical outcomes. The HIV Medical Case Manager will provide medication adherence counseling, health education and care management; coordinate the implementation of individual care plans and monitor referrals. The HIV Medical Case Manager reports directly to the Ryan White Program Director
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now:
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Coordinate and collaborate internally and externally with members of patient’s care team (medical providers, BH providers, enabling staff, case managers, caregivers, and other authorized individuals) to address individual needs in order to improve retention in care, health outcomes, and quality of life.
· Assess financial eligibility for Ryan White services, assist with enrollment in WH’s Ryan White program, and provide education on participant requirements and eligible services.
· Reviews clinical records and performs coding activities monthly.
· Participate in routine quality improvement activities and data collection, review, and reporting for federal and state grant requirements.
· Empower patients with education on basic health information, health care coverage options, and access to other health and community resources.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work, Public Health, or other relevant concentrations from an accredited university preferred; relevant social work and/or health care experience may be substituted.
· Case management experience and knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
· Experience working with individuals with HIV/AIDS is preferred.
· Flexible attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
· Flexible hours, including some weekend availability.
· Strong computer skills, with ability to work with a variety of programs required.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Valid Hawaii driver’s license preferred.
*Waikiki Health requires proof of the following immunization; with or without reasonable accommodation: TB skin test or chest x-ray, Hep B (optional).
Waikiki Health provides a comprehensive set of benefits to our employees, including 100% premium paid employee health care, voluntary life insurance, generous employer matching, paid holidays, paid time-off, and more. We are currently looking for compassionate and team-oriented individuals to join our organization. If you are interested in improving health and quality of life for all in our island community, please visit our website for more information: waikikihealth.org