Founded in 1967, Waikiki Health is a nonprofit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that offers a Patient-Centered Medical Home targeting our community’s most vulnerable populations. Our clinical and program sites provide holistic care in welcoming, supportive, and nonjudgmental environments. Waikiki Health’s mission is to provide quality medical and social services that are accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
● We are committed to providing the highest quality care and services to our island community.
● We believe that respect is the foundation of our interpersonal relationships.
● We maintain empathy and kindness, treating everyone as ohana.
● We are creative and flexible in meeting community needs.
● We will help empower others to reach their highest potential.
● We are accountable to the community we serve and to each other.
Waikiki Health is seeking a full-time or part-time
Pay rate for this role is $30-$45/hr DOE
● Health insurance (Employee only) 100% premium paid once eligible.
● 13 Paid holidays
● Parking included
● 403(b) Retirement Plan Participation effective within 4 weeks of employment
● Matching is offered once eligible with a 3-year vesting period
● HOLO Bus Pass benefits
● BIKI bike rental benefits
● Company Shirt
The IT Network System Technician position provides remote and on-site technology support, consult, and troubleshooting throughout the organization including the following sites: Ohua, Makahiki, PATH, Shelter, and Youth Outreach. The ITNST is one of the first points of contact for the Director of Information Technology (IT), management, staff, and external contractors as it relates to the specific duties of this position. They also promote and encourage a “one team” attitude at all levels.
Qualifications and abilities
● Associates Degree in information technology preferred or equivalent experience.
● Familiarity with health information technology preferred
● Previous experience with Cisco and Microsoft technologies preferred.
● 2+ years of IT Support desk experience required (or demonstrated proficiency).
● 1-3 years in a field utilizing advanced technology.
● Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others, and independently.
● Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills; professional demeanor.
● Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
● Ability to train lower-level staff to improve their technology skills
● Ability to stay organized and keep up with open and closed helpdesk requests.
● Ability to work as a member of a team to evaluate, test, recommend, and implement, aspects of the project that concern the use of Information Technology methodologies and tools.
● Proven ability to plan, manage and oversee multi-faceted, complex, multi-phase projects.
● Ability to communicate and collaborate with others, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
● Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
● Demonstrated experience with currently implemented Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating system versions and Apple O/S and iOS; productivity software including Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016; proven knowledge in Microsoft 365 applications management and implementation.
● Ability to write Windows policy and GPO scripts.
● Able to read and interpret technical manuals and instructions.
● Proven knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware, Microsoft Azure is required.
● Knowledge of routing and switching network technology.
● CompTIA Network +, and/or Cisco certifications are preferred
● CompTIA Server+, Microsoft Windows MCP, MCSA, or MCSE certification is preferred.
General Duties include but are not limited to
● The primary responsibility is user support and superb internal and external customer service; responsible for implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing computer and network systems.
● Maintains and masters current knowledge on management, implementation, and maintenance of: Currently deployed version(s) of MS Server, MS Office and MS Office 365, SharePoint, VMware, Cisco Meraki, Cisco IOS and other technology based programs applied by WH.
● Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains WH’s electronic equipment including but not limited to: Laptops, desktops, telephones, fax machines, printers, servers, network routers and switches, and VOIP system(s).
● Regular tests and data backups are performed regularly throughout the year to ensure the system always works efficiently and to protect the company’s data.
● Supports training and transfer of knowledge to the IT Service Desk Technician.
● Other duties as assigned
*Waikiki Health requires proof of the following immunization; with or without reasonable accommodation: TB skin test or chest x-ray, Hep B (optional).
Interested candidates should apply through our ADP Workforce Now interface:
Those requiring assistance are encouraged to reach out to our organization at (808) 922-4787. Visit our website for more information: www.waikikihealth.org
Waikiki Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances