Waikiki Health has been providing healthcare services to our community for over 50 years. Thanks to our members and passionate and dedicated professionals, we have grown from our single Waikiki Drug Clinic, helping minimize the drug use among our community’s youth, to a multi-service, multi-site non-profit agency.
Our mission is to provide quality medical and social services that are accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of ability to pay. We strive to provide compassionate healing and expert care that result in improved health and quality of life for all in our island community. We work hard each day to better ourselves to care for our Hawaii Ohana.
· We are committed to providing the highest quality care and services to our island community.
· We believe that respect is the foundation of our interpersonal relationships.
· We maintain empathy and kindness, treating everyone as ohana.
· We are creative and flexible in meeting community needs.
· We will help empower others to reach their highest potential.
· We are accountable to the community we serve and to each other.
Waikiki Health is seeking a full time Quality Improvement Assistant
Pay rate for this role is $18/hr
Schedule: M-F, some Saturdays, 40 hour work week
· Health insurance (Employee only) 100% premium paid once eligible.
· 13 Paid holidays
· Parking included
· 403(b) Retirement Plan Participation effective within 4 weeks of employment with matching.
· HOLO Bus Pass benefits
· BIKI bike rental benefits
· Company Shirt
Waikiki Health is recruiting for a full time Quality Improvement Assistant. They will help to maintain efficient workflow in assisting the Quality Registered Nurses with addressing preventative quality measures. The position involves many responsibilities from providing excellent customer service, managing patient clinical records, and completing audits.
Qualifications and abilities:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Some post-secondary education is preferred.
· A minimum of one year working in a medical office with knowledge of medical terminology.
· Basic knowledge of common medications and billing procedures preferred.
· Familiarity with common software programs (i.e., Windows-based programs).
· Type 45 WPM
· Ability to quickly learn new systems.
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients, community members, and staff members.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
· Provides superior customer service to patients and associates in person and on the telephone.
· Attend regular meetings with the WH Quality RNs and insurance plans.
· Quality Chart Retrievals.
· Provide group and one-on-one Clinical Quality Measure training to support staff.
· Azara quality audits.
· Uses the agency EMR to schedule appointments, document all communications with patients and other medical facilities in the EMR.
· Other duties as assigned
*Waikiki Health requires proof of the following immunization; with or without reasonable accommodation: TB skin test or chest x-ray, Hep B (optional).
Interested candidates should apply through our ADP Workforce Now interface:
Those requiring assistance are encouraged to reach out to our organization at (808) 922-4787. Visit our website for more information: www.waikikihealth.org
Waikiki Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances